Sunday, August 27, 2006

Festival Heaven

A run down of Saturday

How easy was it to sneak alcohol into the Reading Festival?! I had a 500ml bottle filled with rum (350mls) and juice (you do the maths- not much of it) which I had wedged down my gumboot, and then stuffed socks down too, and they didn't even open up my bag, just felt it.... so so so easy. Ill be repeating this feat today too!

English music festivals rock- gumboot and funny tee-shirt heaven! Reading is the only place you can get away with wearing a skirt and gumboots! (If it wasn't for the fact that mine were rubbing on my shins, I would have attempted that one too today!), and just the whole atmophere and the cool people and it was just all good- sorry not to mention the great music HELLO CARLY THATS WHAT YOU ARE THERE FOR!!!





















Bands I saw:
Wolfmother (think Kings of Leon with massive afros and tashes and more thrashy music with Aussie accents)

Futureheads (All good)

Dirty Pretty things (Very good set you will be pleased to hear, Mel!!)

Feeder (don't own any albums, but was surprised at how many songs I knew! That was really good)

The Spinto Band (for a whole two minutes, which was mainly spent chatting to Sally from my 5 a side team who I randomly met!)

The Streets (Awesome, not really a fan or anything but definitely a hightlight of the day)

Artic Monkeys (too drunk and too stuck in the crowd to really enjoy it sadly.....)

The Fratellis (Nice dancy music!)

Muse ( I kinda wanted to see the Raconteurs, but you just can't beat Muse live sadly....)

Im trying to think of my favourite song for the day... can't really remember, but Plug in Baby by Muse is always a goodie!


Best tee shirt of the day: I came on Eileen (in reference to the Dexy's Midnight Runners song, Come on Eileen)

Worst tee shirt of the day: My dick hurts, kiss it better (the guy wearing it was really ugly too)

Best comic act of the day: Mike Skinner from The Streets taking the piss out of the Artic Monkeys, The Kooks and Razorlight

Worst sight ever: The naked man on the shoulders of someone at The Streets

Worst sight ever #2: Carly at the end of the day with nice smudgy mascara, a nice scabby chin where I tried to squeeze a pimple the night before, and generally looking and feeling a bit worse for wear....

Bring on Sunday!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mel & Guy said...

Woo! Sounds awesome. I wish I was there!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home