Friday, October 27, 2006

So what does an English Ecologist do???

Well they work for the developer, to clear large areas of prime grassland habitat, with loads of diversity, the most amazing beetles and loads of lizards, snakes, great crested newts. Remove them off site, then do 'destructive' searches where they get big giant diggers in and dig up all the habitat, and the ecologists stand there and supervise them to rescue anything thats left.
Kinda sad, and thats what ive been doing all week. Fine, its great that they are putting in all the effort to remove everything off-site, and granted i was getting paid to do it, and didn't have to do it if I was that against it, but i just think its all arse.

But on a cool note, I got to have a go at driving a big digger! yeeha!

As a result of working long 13 hours days Im very very tired today (ie falling asleep at the pub tired, which was the case last night!)- but hopefully a couple of kilos lighter, with all the hard manual labour I was doing!

1 Comments:

Blogger Squirk said...

That's sad indeed.

I can relate to the tiredness, too -- I don't know why but I've been knackered lately. I don't have any excuse about manual labour, though! (kinda wish I did -- go English lifestyle)

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home