Wednesday, January 18, 2006

January Sucks and so do new years resolutions

Further to my January Blues post I'd like to note that I don't think Ive seen the sun in the last 2 weeks..... nothing springs to mind anyway. Stupid dumb british winter Im so jealous of everyone saying they been to the beach etc..... lucky bastards!!!!!!!

Oh well ive been trying to do heaps of stuff to cheer me up and Ive complied lists of the good and bad of living in london..... just to cheer me up (and most of it is food related!)

ANNOYING DISADVANTAGES:
Heaps of dog poos on the pavement
Expensive to live
Dark and miserable winters
Too many psychopaths
Not having a car and going to the beach as I please
Having to lug food shopping on the bus
Crap reality tv most of the time
Pubs not being smoke-free
Those annoying crows that squwark really early in the mornings in the summer

ADVANTAGES:
Pubs
Public transport
Cool job
Lots of cool people to meet (that aren't psychopaths)
Pubs
Galaxy minstrels
Cadbury Chocolate tastes better (apparently theres anti-melting stuff in the nz ones)
Coco shreddies
Pubs
Have I mentioned football?? And watching it in the pub
Handy for places to travel
Penguins (the chocolate kind)
shhh... celebrity big brother
All the great british music
The spinning wheel (pub down the road)


I still haven't quite convinced myself but oh well I'm still having heaps of fun (most of the time) and thats whats important. Not that theres heaps of people back home that I love heaps and aren't important to me in anyway but I think Im just in the right stage of my life to be here so yeah thats my big self-indulgent rant for the day!!!

I have also come to the resolution not to have anymore resolutions (har har thats such a funny joke!)

So far I seem to have broken all of my New Years resolutions bar the one that stated 'thou shall not eat any sugary frosted breakfast cereal'- and you will be please to note that I have eaten bran flakes for breakfast WITHOUT SUGAR since the new year! Yay maybe I should just buy coco shreddies for desert instead : ). But the 'thou shall play football for a team', 'thou shall give up alcohol for the month of january', 'thou shall not eat too much chocolate' and the usual 'thou shall be more like a lady' are well out the door. TOO BAD YOU CAN'T CHANGE BAD HABITS NOW!!!

Thats my big rant for the day anyway... Im sure I'll have something interesting to post soon. I promised id do it at least once a week tonight so keep looking you sexy bietches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home