Saturday, November 04, 2006

Yay for music

Guillemots with support from some person with a slide guitar, Astoria, Thursday 2nd November.


I thought I was an Astoria virgin, until I realised that I was actually there once when I went out with Mel and her gay mates (it is often transformed into a gay bar....) so that was exciting, I had been to the Astoria afterall.

Anyway, the focus turns to the Guillemots- verdict= absolutely brilliant! Humble band, not pretentious, just came out and played their lovely sweet sweet music.

New Zealanders might recognise their great song, Trains to Brazil, which apparently they play on bfm. The album is a bit of a mixed bag, and you really have to be in the right mood to listen to it, however live they are completely different, Im struggling to put it very eloquently here coz im also watching the Australia vs Wales rugby game at present, so yeah just take my word for it- IT WAS GOOD!!!!!. The lead singer did a funny dance, which was way cooler than Johnny Borrels vacant stare (comparable to the blue-steel look from Zoolander, I forgot to mention in the other post)
I think the key was that everything was just right- the venue, the crowd, the amount of alcohol I'd consumed.

Just good shit, and by far the best gig I've been to this year by far!

Heres a pic anyway















Sheer brilliance!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home