Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My very lovely

and rather posh next door neighbour Jane rang our door bell last night and was like (very formally) 'Hello Carly.... two things....'

So I though to myself... oh god she is either going to moan about a) the tv/stereo being too loud especially as our lounge window is always open... b) the rubbish smells or c) My loud talking/swearing/burping when having dinner and talking to people out in the garden (theirs is adjacent to ours so if they are in the garden they would be able to hear our conversations...)

But anyway the 'thing' number one was that they are going to have some building done next week and wanted to check to see if that was ok with us

So she carries on...

'and the other thing... and I know its short notice....' so then I thought ... hmmm shes going to invite us over for a bbq.... slightly wierd.....

but actually she then proceeded to offer me two 30 pound tickets to see Jools Holland (of Later with Jools Holland Fame) and his swing band playing at Kew Gardens- (only a handy 10 minute bus ride from ours) as her husband was sick and they couldn't go! Brilliant.

I did feel slightly uncultured, especially not really being a big rythmn and blues fan but it was a really good night and rich and I scored free cheese and icecream... what more could you want really!?














Heres good old jools!

2 Comments:

Blogger Squirk said...

How very neighbourly!

Where I'm living right now, I barely know my flatmates -- let alone my neighbours.

Yay for friendliness!

3:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home